Catering Assistants, Christopher's, Guildford
Shooting Star Chase is your local children's hospice service looking after families with a child or teenager not expected to live beyond their 19th birthday.
We urgently need catering assistants at our hospice Christopher's, just outside Guildford, to assist the head cook on weekdays and weekends from 1000 to 1400 and 1630 to 1830 with supporting the cook in the cooking and the preparation of meals for the staff, children and families.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the cook in the cooking of meals
- Supporting the cook in preparation of ingredients for recipes selected from the menu.
- Assisting in clearing up of preparation area including waste removal.
- Setting up and clearing the dining area.
- Tidying up, cleaning and replenishment of stock in the refreshment area
- A keen interest in cooking
- A good understanding of kitchen and hygiene processes and requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team in a busy hospice environment
- Energy and enthusiasm and a friendly and approachable manner
- To be at least 18 yrs old.
Suggested hours: Lunch: 1000 to 1400 Dinner: 1630 to 1830
Volunteers usually do one or two shifts per week.
This role is subject to a DBS clearance. An induction and training will be given.
Please click on the application form & complete if you wish to volunteer or would like further details.