Membership & communications support
We are looking for a motivated volunteer, passionate about our natural environment, to contribute towards raising the profile of GEF’s work with the aim of growing our membership (310 currently), recruiting volunteers and making the most of our successes, especially our current projects.
Ideally, the candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working with data bases and related software (we use membermojo)
- Experience of updating and managing databases
- Strong understanding of email marketing tools (e.g. MailChimp)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
As the post is voluntary the specific responsibilities within the role will be negotiable, but would ideally include:
- Supporting the GEF Membership Officer in monitoring and adapting our membership software (membermojo)
- Regularly updating membermojo data base into mailchimp
- Quarterly mailchimp to chase overdue subscriptions
- Occasional one off mailchimps on GEF matters including membership
- Attending quarterly meetings of the GEF executive committee (optional)
The minimum time commitment we are looking for would be 2-3 hours per week.
Specifics of the role will be negotiable, dependent on the applications received. All expenses will be covered, subject to executive committee approval.
If you are interested and able to volunteer for GEF in the above capacity then please do click on the "Fill in an Application" button and I will get back to you for a chat.
Guildford Environment Forum are a Surrey based charity with a 25 year long history. We work to make Guildford (and the world beyond) a more sustainable place by educating, informing, cutting energy use, reducing ecological footprints, helping wildlife and tackling climate change. We work on local government climate Change committees, and run various hands-on projects that generate action on the environment within our local community.