Painshill is a Grade I listed landscape of international importance. The crystal Grotto is a highlight of any visit. Thanks to a dedicated team of volunteers, the Grotto is open to the public on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. We are looking for more Grotto Stewards to join our friendly team. Can you help?
Reporting to: Volunteer Manager/Daily Duty Manager
Time Commitment: 2 hour sessions on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
What’s in it for you?
- Learn about the history of Painshill and its follies
- Be part of a valued team
- Meet like-minded people and make new friends
- Membership of Painshill after 30 hours volunteering
- Social events with other volunteers
What will you do?
- Working with another volunteer, you will show visitors around the Grotto, explaining the history and restoration project
- Safeguard the fragile environment within the Grotto
- Help to ensure the safety of visitors
- Be responsible for locking and unlocking the Grotto
- Notify the Duty Manager of any problems
This role will suit someone who..?
- Has an interest in heritage and conservation
- Has good communication skills and likes talking to people
What you need
- No previous experience necessary, just enthusiasm!
- A reasonable level of fitness as you will have to walk to the Grotto and stand during your shift
Volunteers are required to comply with Painshill Park Trust Ltd policies at all times.
Interested in finding out more? Then complete the online application form on this page and we will be in touch