Technician - Film and Live Streaming
Do you have a good appreciation of modern audio and visual technology and take a pride in offering a high quality service to those visiting our Centre?
- To ensure all audio and visual requirements for our events are delivered
- To create a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all our customers
Responsible to: Katie Wilson, Volunteer Coordinator
A Technician should:
- Be comfortable with comfortable working with audio equipment, projectors, PCs
- Be confident with terms such as Blu-ray, HDMI, HD, surround sound 5.1, pixels
- Have good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to make announcements
A Technician will be in contact with:
- Duty Manager
- Other volunteers (ie. stewards, box office)
Skills and Abilities:
- Calm under pressure
- Good communication skills
Time Commitment Required:
- Evenings as required (Tues – Sat) Shift approximately 3-4 hours
- Live Streaming events may require additional hours
Full training will be given
Although we cannot offer travel expenses, we have a loyalty scheme which entitles you to a free film ticket upon completing a set number of shifts.
Volunteering can be a great way to give back to your community, make friends and meet new people but it can also open up a door to opportunities though gaining new skills and experience.
Whether you have a couple of hours every week or are just available to help once in a while we’d love your support.
Cranleigh has a good bus service if you do not have your own transport.