Social Activities Volunteer
halow project supports young people between the ages of 16 -35 with learning disabilities. We provide a calendar of activities for our young people to engage in throughout the year. These have included sports days, gardening, art clubs, trips to the theatre and theme parks and much more!
We are looking for volunteers to help on these activities, so if you are motivated, flexible, keen to enable young people to become independent and are up for a challenge, come and volunteer for halow project!
What You will do
- To support halow’s young people on various trips and activities by helping them to socialise and take part safely.
- To assist halow’s young people with aspects of their personal and social needs as appropriate.
- To promote inclusion and diversity by respecting individual’s rights in relation to their gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or any other life choice or circumstance.
The Kind of Person We Need
- Good verbal communication and written skills.
- Honesty, reliability and punctuality.
- Able to use own initiative.
- An understanding of equal opportunities, respect, individuality and promoting independence.
- An understanding of differing needs.
If you are interested in volunteering for this role or would like further information please click Fill in an Application.
To make a difference
The halow project is a charity committed to supporting young people (16-35) with a learning disability to have the same life choices and chances as any other young person.
The young people we work with want the opportunity to:
Become part of the community
Find meaningful employment
Have a home of their own
We believe that the young people we support have the right to be part of and respected in their communities and are entitled to a life they choose in ways which best suit them. halow is committed to developing creative opportunities and removing social barriers.