Social Activities Volunteer
halow project supports young people between the ages of 16 -35 with learning disabilities. We provide a calendar of activities for our young people to engage in throughout the year. These have included sports days, gardening, art clubs, trips to the theatre and theme parks and much more!
We are looking for volunteers to help on these activities, so if you are motivated, flexible, keen to enable young people to become independent and are up for a challenge, come and volunteer for halow project!
What You will do
- To support halow’s young people on various trips and activities by helping them to socialise and take part safely.
- To assist halow’s young people with aspects of their personal and social needs as appropriate.
- To promote inclusion and diversity by respecting individual’s rights in relation to their gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or any other life choice or circumstance.
The Kind of Person We Need
- Good verbal communication and written skills.
- Honesty, reliability and punctuality.
- Able to use own initiative.
- An understanding of equal opportunities, respect, individuality and promoting independence.
- An understanding of differing needs.
If you are interested in volunteering for this role or would like further information please click Fill in an Application.