Volunteer Social Club Buddy - Guildford
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 other people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK. We help them to live more independently and access their local communities.
About The Role
We have two young ladies who are looking for a buddy to join them at their weekly evening social club.
Every Wednesday evening, in Guildford, “Lisa” and “Charlotte” look forward to going to their social club where they can meet friends, enjoy a dance and generally have fun!
They would love to have a female buddy who is willing to commit to joining them on a regular basis for this fun evening. The volunteer will need to be friendly, outgoing and happy to join in with the social club activities.
Drivers are desired, though not essential, as other transport modes can be arranged.
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
- Enjoys socialising
- Happy to join in with dancing and other activities
- A good listener
Activities will NOT include:
- Personal care
- Financial Assistance
What you can expect from Dimensions:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Membership of an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- A personal induction to volunteering and your role
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please complete an application and we will be in touch.