Office Assistant- Fundraising Team
Make-A-Wish® UK grants magical wishes to enrich the lives of children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions.
A wish gives a desperately ill child and their family time away from the daily realities of living with a serious condition. Over 30 years, Make-A-Wish has turned the wishes of more than 10,000 seriously ill children into magical realities.
Why we need you
Our volunteers are invaluable to the wish granting journey, so we aim to provide them with a fantastic volunteering experience.
We’re looking for an organised volunteer with some office experience who can support our Fundraising team with sending out materials for supporters, thanking supporters and database tasks. This is a key role in ensuring our fundraisers are provided with a great experience and enabling them to raise income for the charity.
What will I be doing?
As an office volunteer you’ll be supporting the fundraising team with administration and support including:
- Processing data into our database including updating supporter records
- Picking and packing fundraising materials
- Logging of materials against the relevant team
- Producing certificates and thank you letters for fundraising
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Great PC skills including Excel and Word
- Experience in using databases
- Confidence in using internet search engines
- An eye for detail
- Good communication skills and phone manner
- An understanding regarding confidentiality and data protection
How much time do I need to commit?
We’re ideally looking for a commitment of one or two days per week on a Monday and or Wednesday. Our office hours are 9a.m. to 5.30pm.
What support will I be given?
- Online induction training and training specific to your role will be provided
- Ongoing training relating to your role
- Access to our online volunteer community – WishNet
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
- You’ll be kept up to date with latest Make-A-Wish news and information
What benefits can I expect?
- Develop office and data entry skills that will look great on your CV
- Volunteer in a friendly office environment
- The satisfaction in knowing you’re making a real difference to the lives of seriously ill children and young people
- Volunteer around your other commitments
- A good opportunity to develop experience in fundraising and working within the charity sector.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be volunteering at our offices in Camberley, Surrey.
To apply for this role or for more information please Fill in an Application and we will get back to you.