Community Fundraising Volunteer
Our Community Fundraising volunteers use their local knowledge and contacts to help raise vital funds for Marie Curie nurses & Hospices. Theres are lots of opportunities to get involved, you could be a key player in a local collection campaign or get involved in promoting Marie Curie events in your area.
Your role could include:
- Coordinating a team of collectors at local supermarkets & shopping centres.
- Placing & emptying collection boxes in pubs & shops.
- Organising house to house envelope collections.
- Distributing home collection boxes.
- Advertising events.
- Being the friendly face of Marie Curie at all events & collections you are involved in.
- Counting & banking money raised.
- Well organised with good people skills.
- Self-motivation & can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of the local area.
- Commitment to raise money in the community.
What we offer.
- An excellent opportunity to build on your skills in a fundraising environment.
- Induction,training,support & supervision in your role.
- Out of pocket expenses.
What we ask of you.
- To provide two references & other relevant documents related to the role
- To keep to the charities policies & guidelines.
- To complete induction & any training related to the role.
If you are interested in this role please click on the 'application' button & complete the short online form.
Marie Curie Nurses are available in every village, town and city throughout the UK, caring for terminally ill patients who wish to die in comfortable and familiar surroundings at home with their families. Last year in Surrey, our nurses worked over 10,000 hours, through the night and day, caring for many local people. This comes at a cost to the charity of £20 for each hour a Marie Curie Nurse is in the home. This is why collections are so important to us.