Community Fundraising Volunteer
Our Community Fundraising volunteers use their local knowledge and contacts to help raise vital funds for Marie Curie nurses & Hospices. Theres are lots of opportunities to get involved, you could be a key player in a local collection campaign or get involved in promoting Marie Curie events in your area.
Your role could include:
- Coordinating a team of collectors at local supermarkets & shopping centres.
- Placing & emptying collection boxes in pubs & shops.
- Organising house to house envelope collections.
- Distributing home collection boxes.
- Advertising events.
- Being the friendly face of Marie Curie at all events & collections you are involved in.
- Counting & banking money raised.
- Well organised with good people skills.
- Self-motivation & can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of the local area.
- Commitment to raise money in the community.
What we offer.
- An excellent opportunity to build on your skills in a fundraising environment.
- Induction,training,support & supervision in your role.
- Out of pocket expenses.
What we ask of you.
- To provide two references & other relevant documents related to the role
- To keep to the charities policies & guidelines.
- To complete induction & any training related to the role.
If you are interested in this role please click on the 'application' button & complete the short online form.