Youth Support Worker
The Bourne Youth Youth Worker Role Description
Centre based Youth Support Worker for youth club provision Location: Brambleton Hall / St Thomas on-the-bourne, Farnham, Surrey GU9 8HA, easily accessible via Farnham railway station
Hours of work: 4pm – 9pm between Monday to Friday
Post Title: Part time Youth Support Worker
Hours of work: 3 .50 hours up to 10.50 hours
Line manager: Youth Minister
Purpose of post: To join a team of existing and new workers to deliver a structured programme of projects, events and activities that endeavour to meet the needs of young people in The Bourne. We can provide safeguarding training. Volunteer will need good communications skills, attention to detail, follower of the christian faith.
- To maintain the ethos of the church by providing a caring, safe and supporting environment.
- Supporting the Senior Worker and the organisation as a whole, to implement policy decisions and objectives.
- To ensure the young people play an active role in the centre activities.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with young people, by using the art of
conversation and encouraging participation and involvement in the planned activities.
- To be part of a team of workers that is able to identify the formal and informal
educational, social, cultural and recreational needs of the young people and plan a programme of positive interventions and innovation, that enhances the knowledge, awareness and the personal and spiritual development of the young people.
- To develop relationships with young people that allows the development of one to one support recognising the different needs and starting points of the young people. To inform management of any personal concerns relating to the session, as well being able to identify the personal needs of young people.
- To be part of a team that encourages the reading of scripture and awareness of biblical content for our young people.
- To attend monthly programme planning and training sessions.
- To remember the young people in prayer and encourage them in the christian faith.