Become a Home Visitor, visiting people in their own home to help overcome the social isolation felt by many people with a visual impairment. This role is to be a vital link between the client, Sight for Surrey and the wider community.
Sight for Surrey is committed to working with blind and partially sighted people in Surrey. We provide services so people may lead fuller, more independent lives.
- You will visit the client regularly in their own home;
- Monitor any difficulties that the client may develop with coping in their own home and with their agreement, inform Sight for Surrey of any concerns, needs or additional support requirements;
- Make recommendations for further support from other Sight for Surrey services
- Provide social company and share interests
- Provide support and listening skills
- Give information about Sight for Surrey and local services
- Encourage and motivate clients to participate in activities/hobbies
- NOT to provide personal or health care
We are looking for flexible, yet reliable people who are confident in visiting people in their own homes. They should have good communication and listening skills, be friendly, helpful and understanding.
All volunteers will have training to prepare for the role and learn about Sight for Surrey and its policies, awareness of visual impairment and sighted guide together with basic training on adaptive software for visually impaired people. Additional specialist training courses may be offered.
Expenses will be paid for mileage, phone call costs and any other relevant out of pocket expenses.
If you are interested in this role please click on the 'Application Form' tab to proceed.
(Ash, Cranleigh, Farnham, Godalming, Guildford, Haslemere)
Sensory Services by Sight for Surrey is a charitable organisation that delivers specialist services to people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, have a vision impairment or combined sight and hearing loss. We provide services across Surrey so people may lead fuller, more independent lives.