Branch Secretary - Guildford Parkinson's UK
Why we need you?
The role of a branch secretary to support the smooth running of the branch to ensure its
work is carried out effectively. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, reliable person
with strong administrative, IT and organisational skills to join the Parkinson's UK team to
support our work on a local level.
The local Guildford group is run by volunteers who have experience of Parkinson's and are supported by professional staff. The local group network offers friendship and support to everyone living with Parkinson's, their families and carers across the UK.
* Act as the first point of contact for enquiries and correspondence - to be main contact for website traffic enquiries (training given).
* Work with the Chair person on correspondence within the committee.
* Inform committee members of all communications, excluding committee minute taking.
* Distribute information to branch members to help keep them informed about local &
national activities and developments
* Pass to the treasurer any money received for the branch
* Keep the field staff member informed of changes in committee membership
* Committee meetings are generally held on a Tuesday afternoon approx every 8 weeks.
What skills do I need?
Branch volunteers gain considerably from meeting new people, getting involved in events and doing something for their community. The chair's role is essential for making sure our groups run successfully and continue to benefit people affected by Parkinson's in their area.
We offer a comprehensive induction to the role and Parkinson's UK.