book keeper or accounts Volunteer wanted (Homebased or attending parades)
The Military Cadet Training Corps based at shawfield school ash vale are looking for a creative and dedicated book keeper to join our small volunteer team. This is a new role within MCTC which is much needed. As book keeper you will be responsible for working with Instructors, Officers, parents and the Commandant to secure the long term financial sustainability of the Corps.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of an independent youth organisation, A very flourishing organisation making a real difference in helping children reach there full potential . As a book keeper, you will help to broaden and strengthen MCTC’s impact, with opportunities to work with our team in exploring and developing new and old projects to help children develop in the community.
You will be required to work from your own home or you can attend parade evenings on a monday evening 18:15hrs to 21:00hrs and attend camps if you wish, to attend camps etc you will have to be DBS checked by ourselves at our cost, you will be line managed by an officer so you will have someone to speak to for assistance if needed.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Instructors, Officers, parents and the Commandant to develop MCTC’s long term fundraising strategy, and long term goals.
- Nurturing MCTC’s existing databases, and developing this further.
- Assisting the Officers and the Commandant with membership fees for existing and new cadets.
- Researching potential sources of new income.
- Contributing to MCTC’s social media and online presence in areas relating to book keeper.
- Chasing up missed membership payments, camp/event payments and dealing with none payments via letters, calls and if need be by other avenues to recuperate lost funding.
- Entering data in to our database for membership and fundraising income.
- Entering data in to our database for membership and fundraising payments and kit purchases.
- Submitting tax returns and charity returns yearly.
- Maintaining all financial funds and payments for camps/events.