Box Hill Education Volunteer - National Trust
What is an Education Volunteer?
Education Volunteers help to run education programmes for school and further/higher education visits, working as part of a team to deliver workshops with groups of children and young people. Education groups are a vital link with the local community, and you will help make sure their visits are enjoyable, memorable and educational.
What’s in it for you?
- Becoming part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- Improving your communication skills
- Enjoying new experiences and learning something new every day
- Imparting your knowledge and passions onto others
- Helping grow National Trust supporters for the future
- Adding value to your life with fun and exercise
- Increasing your knowledge of Box Hill and its stories so that you can bring it to life for younger visitors
- Leading or assisting with activity sessions for groups
- Using and looking after resources and equipment used for school visits
- Helping to improve the schools and extra curricular programmes by sharing your ideas and experience
- Becoming familiar with and then following the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times
- Helping with additional opportunities & events at Box Hill would be open to you
This role will suit people who…
- Have a friendly and enthusiastic manner and enjoy working with family visitors in particular. This role can be physically demanding and you may be on your feet for large parts of the day.
- Enjoy working with children and have an inspiring and friendly nature with a talent for communicating.
- This role will require a criminal record disclosure and/or vetting through the Independent Safeguarding Authority.
Out of pocket travel costs between between home and volunteering place will be paid and other reasonable expenses agreed in advance.
If you would like to volunteer please click on Fill in an application form.