Speaker scheme volunteers give talks and presentations on behalf of Diabetes UK to groups in their local communities to raise awareness of diabetes and the work of Diabetes UK.
Main tasks and activities
- Attend a speaker scheme training session to learn more about diabetes and Diabetes UK and help develop your presentation skills.
- Approach groups in your local area to offer to give talks to their members.
- Present in a friendly and enthusiastic manner to a wide range of groups such as community groups, social clubs, local companies and organisations.
- Answer general queries and direct any medical or other specific questions to Diabetes UK or to healthcare professionals.
We are looking for people who are:
- Confident at speaking to groups of people
- Good communication and listening skills
- Enthusiastic and outgoing
- An interest in community-based health promotion work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A commitment to support the work of Diabetes UK and represent Diabetes UK in a positive way
- A willingness to attend all briefings and trainings related to your role
What Diabetes UK can offer you?
- The opportunity to contribute to an important area of work which could ultimately help to improve the lives of people with diabetes
- Information and materials to help you carry out your role effectively
- Full training, guidance and support
- The opportunity to feedback about the talks you give
- Recognition of the role that you are carrying out in support of Diabetes UK
- The opportunity to learn new skills
- Reimbursement of out of office expenses incurred while carrying out activities for Diabetes UK, eg travel, lunch.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account