Brooklands Museum Painting and Handyman Volunteer-posted 09.01.2020
Brooklands Museum’s mission is ‘to preserve and interpret the heritage of Brooklands, to use that heritage to inspire and educate and to provide a world-class visitor attraction accessible to all.’ The birthplace of British motor sport and aviation, and home of Concorde, Brooklands comprises an unparalleled collection of Brooklands-related aircraft, racing cars and motorcycles all displayed in and around the historic buildings on the site where many were originally built or maintained. Brooklands is unique and opens every day with the support of an award-winning team of volunteers.
As directed at pre-arranged times, to help paint and maintain the Museum site and buildings in a good state of repair for the benefit of all Museum personnel and visitors Also to monitor the condition of the site and buildings and to report any areas of concern so that appropriate action can be considered.
- Painting, decorating and conservation work around the Museum
- Using hand tools to repair, maintain or improve specific buildings, equipment, structures and other features of the Museum site
- Able to undertake light manual labour
- Basic DIY skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Enjoy painting and decorating
- Induction, training and support.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and meet new people.
- The knowledge you are making a significant contribution to Brooklands Museum.
- Free entrance to the Museum with accompanying guests
- 20% discount in the Museum Shop and Sunbeam Cafe.
This position is of a voluntary nature and your availability for undertaking the role will be agreed in advance with your supervisor. Ideally you should be able to commit to an ongoing weekly/monthly agreement.
All these arrangements are binding in honour only and not intended
to be legally binding.
Please click on the Sign Up button to apply or to receive further details.