Social Media Co-ordinator - first posted 29.03.2022
About the Charity
The Cedar House Charity was set up for mothers experiencing prenatal and postnatal depression in 2004 and offers support to mothers by holding free weekly group therapy sessions. The groups provide a safe, supported, and confidential environment where mothers can get together with others who may be feeling similar to themselves and are facilitated by our specialist postnatal depression counsellor, Liz Wise. Liz has thirty years’ experience in facilitating groups, providing counselling and has personal experience of the illness. The groups aid their recovery by making them feel normal and reducing the sense of isolation that postnatal depression can bring.
The charity has been running since 2004 in Surrey, and now also provides a support group in South London. Each group provides creche facilities and both this and the group are free of charge. We get no funding from the NHS or local authorities and rely solely on private donations, grants and fundraising events.
Social Media Co-ordinator
Purpose of role:
Key purpose of the role is to create content and update the Cedar House website, and social media accounts including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and any other digital platform. Cedar House is a small charity, and we rely on the time given generously by our volunteers, including our trustees. These roles require a positive, active input to the shared responsibility of overall governance and fundraising efforts, vital to keeping the charity going.
- Updating website and keeping content up to date and relevant
- Creating new content and opportunities to share stories and public relation opportunities via digital media.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must be able to provide a minimum of 1 hour per week to work on digital content, and update social media platforms
- Experience of updating/creating websites
- Good level of understanding and experience of updating social media platforms and creating news stories which can be shared.
- Ability to spot opportunities for further marketing and growth opportunities for the charity and sharing its purpose across Surrey
If you are interested in supporting Cedar House and you are able to provide some time by volunteering, please click on the Fill in an Application button to volunteer or if you wish for further details.
The Cedar House Support Group is for women who are experiencing postnatal depression. The group provides a safe and supportive environment where mothers can get together with others who may be feeling similar to themselves. This helps their recovery by normalising feelings and reducing the sense of isolation that postntal depression can bring.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account