The role is a reception role with meeting and greeting visitors, making refreshments, answering the phone, logging and distributing post, photocopying, shredding, filing etc. Basic IT skills are important as volunteers do get involved with research tasks, producing documents, amending spreadsheets etc. As a result we ask potential volunteers to undertake an IT skills assessment as part of the application process. It is not onerous (we are not looking for computer geniuses!) but will ensure that we are aware of an applicant’s capabilities and if/where assistance might be needed.
The times required are:
- Monday afternoons (1pm to 5pm)
- Tuesday afternoons (1pm to 5pm)
- Wednesday afternoons (1pm to 5pm)
- Thursday mornings (9am to 1pm) and Thursday afternoons (9am to 1pm)
- Friday mornings (9am to 1pm)
There is some flexibility on timings.
The volunteer process for reception roles will be:
- Potential volunteer applies.
- Volunteer will be invited to attend out ‘Getting to Know Us’/What is Domestic Abuse evening (this will give them a good understanding of our organisation and the work we do as well as an overview of the various volunteering opportunities).
- Reception volunteers will subsequently be invited to meet with our Office Manager to talk about the role and undertake the IT skills assessment.
- References (and possibly a DBS) will be requested.
- If both our Office Manager and the volunteer are happy to proceed then a start date can be agreed.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account