Chaplain: Pastoral & Spiritual Guidance Coordinator
Role of the Pastoral and Spiritual Guidance Coordinator:
- To provide spiritual care and guidance to students of all denominations and faiths, responding to both religious and spiritual need. In addition, to respond to the spiritual needs of those without any particular religious affiliation.
- To act as pastoral figurehead to students, staff and families.
- To ensure that the Chapel is kept in good condition and is accessible to all.
- To foster links with local churches and faith communities and encourage congregations to welcome Treloar students to their services and other activities.
- To contribute to assemblies at the School and to help organise and lead Services and other events that celebrate festivals, along with key landmarks in the Treloar calendar.
- To foster and develop links with the families of students and so provide them with support, particularly at times of stress and grief.
- To lead and organise services in celebration of the lives of deceased staff and students.
- Contribute to and help deliver staff Bereavement Training
- To contribute to planning and delivery of the R.E curriculum.
To support the Trust in safeguarding and protecting the welfare of all students.
To comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health and safety, equality and diversity, confidentiality and data protection, reporting concerns to an appropriate person.
To maintain and develop own knowledge and awareness.
To undertake any other such duties or general tasks and hours as may reasonably be required.
A role description is not a rigid or inflexible document but acts to provide guidelines to the duties expected while in the post.
The Treloar Trust provides education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas. Our aim is to prepare these young people for adult life, giving them the confidence and skills to achieve their full potential.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account