variety of roles
We are based in Guildford.
The project relies on volunteering and actively seeks to involve a diverse range of individuals who can contribute and add value and depth of its work. We aim to provide the experience and opportunity to gain skills.
The project uses a volunteer management system
and needs volunteers for the following roles:
- servicing and repairing bikes
- sales and order processing
- maintaining the website
- collecting and delivering bikes
Induction and full training will be given to all volunteers.
You will need to be available to volunteer on a weekday.
A range of training opportunities will be available to the volunteers on the project including:
- Bicycle Maintenance
- Health and Safety
- First Aid
- Customer Service
- Web Design
If you are interested in volunteering with us or have any queries please click the 'Sign up' button
Who is Bike Project Surrey for?
Students not in school come to us for work experience, to learn about bikes and get an industry recognised qualification in Bicycle Care and Maintenance so that they have choices when they leave school.
People in the local community not in work, training or education can come to us to learn about bikes, get work experience and we become a positive part of their routine and life.
Volunteers support students, adults or just work on bikes – because they love bikes too.
Everyone who becomes part of Bike Project Surrey Team contributes to the welcoming and inclusive approach so that people feel good and that they belong at Bike Project Surrey.
- Everyone in the community has the chance to learn about bikes and how to look after them in an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and happy so that people feel valued and that they belong.
- Affordable bikes for the community to buy and use to travel, be healthy, fit and happy.
- Affordable bike service available to the community so that their bikes stay on the road.
- Bikes and parts recycled so that they do not contribute to landfill or pollute the environment. Riding bikes means you’re not driving.
We will provide learning opportunities around bikes for everyone – but especially for young people and adults who are not in education, employment or training. We will offer this through our Alternative Provision and adult placements.
This will be successful because Bike Project Surrey workshops are positive, happy and inclusive places to work and be with others. A shared interest and love of bikes means that while people are at Bike Project Surrey they will meet and learn skills and values from others who they might not otherwise have met.
The bikes we work on will be make made for everyone in the community as affordable recycled bikes for getting about on and keeping fit and healthy. This will also contribute an income to support the vision.
Students, adults and volunteers will be offered industry recognised qualifications, work experience and chance to ‘earn a bike’.
So Bike Project Surrey will…
- Offer access to learning and skills in the local community though partnership with Guildford College
- Provide a range of volunteering opportunities in an inclusive, non-judgemental and supportive environment
- Create opportunities to develop new skills to enhance employability
- Encourage skill-sharing and independence, where new skills are learned in a way that is empowering for all
- Involve volunteers in setting-up a new business and inspire the creation of other similar initiatives
- Promote access to cycling as an affordable and sustainable transport option
- Divert bicycles and their parts from recycling and landfill
- Encourage healthy lifestyles