Surrey Hills Society Communications Lead
Volunteer Opportunity: Communications Lead
Are you passionate about promoting nature conservation and the beauty of the Surrey Hills National Landscape. Do you have an interest or skill for marketing and communications?
The Surrey Hills Society is a charity that relies on dedicated volunteers to promote and protect our cherished landscape. We need to find someone who can lead the way in promoting our charity. You will play a vital role in enhancing our communications activities and providing input to the overall direction and look and feel of our website.
This is a volunteer position, and as such, it is unpaid. However, it offers a rewarding opportunity to contribute to a worthwhile cause and gain valuable experience in communications and marketing. There are no fixed or regular hours of work – sometimes there is a lot to communicate about the Society and sometimes there are quieter times. However, you will need to have some spare hours and commit to regular contact with the Society chairman, volunteer coordinator and website coordinator.
Below is a flavour of what we envisage is needed in future:
- Collaborate with our website administrator to provide creative input and guidance on the overall look and feel of our website.
- Develop and implement ideas to engage our audience on our social media platforms.
- Enhance our presence on LinkedIn, targeting professionals and organisations interested in nature conservation.
- Support the promotion of our volunteer conservation activities, liaising with our full-time Volunteer Coordinator who works closely with schools, community groups, and corporates.
- Help raise awareness of diversity and accessibility in the countryside, promoting inclusivity for all.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improving our communications materials, including our 8-page newsletter.
Do You Have?
- Strong communication and writing skills, with an interest in crafting engaging content.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge and/or a flair for making a website look engaging
- Passion for nature conservation and promoting the Surrey Hills National Landscape.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience in communications, marketing, or related fields is desirable but not essential.
Join us in making a difference to the Surrey Hills community and beyond. Be part of a team dedicated to preserving our natural heritage and inspiring others to appreciate it as well.
Posted 20th November 2023
The Surrey Hills Society is an independent charity formed 15 years ago. It promotes the positive enjoyment and care of the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which is in the course of being rebranded as one of the UK’s National Landscapes. We encourage those who live, work in, or visit the area to explore and learn about the special qualities and distinctiveness of the area. The Society also uses its extensive network to actively promote the conservation and enjoyment of the Surrey Hills.
In June 2019 the Society was presented with the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service which is the highest award for volunteer groups to recognise outstanding work done in their communities and is the equivalent of an MBE for voluntary organisations.
Our mission is summarised by four words: Conserve, Inspire, Educate and Enjoy.
For further information visit our website.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account