Welfare Benefits Adviser - Surrey
Working hours: ½ day per week- on average.
Reporting to: Outreach Coordinator
Visiting Older People at home to assist with filling out forms including; Attendance Allowance and Blue Badges.
The role is supported by the Information and Advice team with full training on all benefits for older people.
- Empathy with concerns of older people
- Patience and good listening skills
- Good communication and literacy skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A commitment to working within the boundaries of Age UK
Expenses: All travel expenses are reimbursed.
For further information please click on the Fill in an Application button.
(Ash, Cranleigh, Farnham, Godalming, Guildford, Haslemere, Mole Valley)
Age UK Surrey aims to:
- promote the wellbeing of older people in Surrey
- improve public awareness of issues concerning ageing
- influence public policy to meet the needs of older people
- work with other agencies in the provision of relevant services for older people
If you have the time - however little - there are so many ways in which you can help.
The rewards are great. You will use your skills, meet new people, have fun and find it very, very rewarding. You can be sure that the time you give is making a positive difference to older people in the community.