The Medical Cadet Training Corps (MCTC) is based in ash vale, we are an independent medical training youth organisation for children, We are a very flourishing organisation making a real difference in helping children from all backgrounds to reach there full potential, we train cadets aged 7 to 18 in extensive first aid skills, they attend events and deliver first aid to members of the public,
we are also looking to have a band a corps of drums that displays at local events and parades,
we are also looking in to having a field gun crew a team just like the royal navy field gun team that competes all over the country in competitions, there are over 30 schools and youth organisations that compete in the uk, our cadets would strip down the field gun and carry it over a certain distance with obstacles they then put it back together and complete the race in the fastest time possible against other teams.
We are looking for committed first aid instructors to join our small volunteer team. As a first aid instructor ( we can train you if you are not qualified) , you will help to broaden and strengthen MCTC’s impact, train cadets in extensive first aid, As a first aid instructor you will be responsible for working with cadets, Instructors, Officers and the Commandant to deliver first aid training to cadets of the Corps. you will have opportunities to work with our team in exploring and developing new projects to help children develop in the community.
You will be required to volunteer be committed and attend parade evenings on a monday 18:15hrs to 20:45hrs attend events, day trips and camps if you wish, as we work with children you will have to be committed, vetted and DBS checked done by ourselves at our cost, you will be line managed by an officer so you will have someone to speak to for assistance if needed,
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Instructors, Officers and the Commandant, parents, community members to develop MCTC’s syllabus, strategy, long term goals and safeguarding cadets.
- Nurturing MCTC’s cadets, and developing them to their best potential.
- Taking lessons as a civilian instructor like first aid, map reading, physical training, academic lessons etc.
- Taking lessons as a uniformed instructor all military lessons including, fieldcraft, drill, skill at arms, first aid, physical training,etc
- Contributing to MCTC’s social media and online presence in areas relating to fundraising.
- Inducting new cadets and updating all systems and relative databases.
- Being a point of contact for parents and cadets.
- Attending parade evenings, events and camps.
- Helping to recruit staff and new cadets.
- you must be able to follow orders and be respectfull to all ranks especialy officers, cadets and members of the public at all times
we are also looking for volunteers for the following positions: fundraisers, first aid instructors, book keeper, it specialist, website and database builder, driver, chef, recruter for staff and cadets, premotion specialist, blues and twos qualified trainer, admin staff, qualified first aid instructor with teaching qualifications to teach adults first at work and or Frec level 3, physical training instructors, band masters ie drum, bell lyre, base drum instructors etc for a band that we want to start, committee members are urgently needed: vice chairperson, secretary, treasurer, communications officer to deal with social media accounts, public relations officer, buildings officer, medicaly trained specialist ie doctor, nurse, paramedic etc.