The Military Cadet Training Corps based at shawfield school ash vale are looking for a Instructors either Uniformed Instructors or Civilian None Uniformed Instructors to join our small volunteer team. This role within MCTC is much needed and as an instructor within the Corps, you will be responsible for teaching, safeguarding and training cadets, working with Instructors, Officers and the Commandant to ensure the safe and smooth running of our parade nights and camps/events.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of an independent youth organisation, A very flourishing organisation making a real difference in helping children reach there full potential. as an Instructor you will help to broaden and strengthen MCTC’s impact in the community, providing cadets with the knowledge and opportunities to progress in the MCTC and local community, you will work with a team of instructors and staff in exploring and developing new projects to help children develop in the community.
You will be required to attend on a monday parade evening between 18:10hrs to 21:00hrs and attend camps either at various weekends and annual camp, to attend parade evenings and camps etc you will have to be vetted and DBS checked by ourselves at our cost, you will be line managed by an officer so you will have someone to speak to for assistance if needed.
you must be able to follow the chain of command and take orders and be respectful of higher ranks.
this post does not require you to be ex forces etc, we will welcome anyone to be an instructor as all training is given, we would especially like instructors that are interested in first aid either from doctors to first aid at work qualified staff. the main qualities are commitment and an ability to be patient, have empathy good safeguarding knowledge and be able to relate to children. however you are from the forces, ex forces community a prison officer, police, police constable, fire person, ambulance person, doctor, nurse or health care assistant get in touch please.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Instructors, Officers and the Commandant, parents, community members to develop MCTC’s syllabus, strategy, long term goals and safeguarding cadets.
- Nurturing MCTC’s cadets, and developing them to their best potential.
- Taking lessons as a civilian instructor like first aid, map reading, physical training, academic lessons etc.
- Taking lessons as a uniformed instructor all military lessons including, fieldcraft, drill, skill at arms, first aid, physical training,etc
- Contributing to MCTC’s social media and online presence in areas relating to fundraising.
- Inducting new cadets and updating all systems and relative databases.
- Being a point of contact for parents and cadets.
- Attending parade evenings, events and camps.
- Helping to recruit staff and new cadets.
the following ranks are available depending on experience:
Captain, Lieutenant , 2nd Lieutenant, Regimental Sergeant Major
Company Quarter Master, Colour Sergeant, Seargeants, Potential Sergeants
Civilian Instructors and Helpers.