Work Experience support volunteer
halow supports young adults aged 16+ with a learning disability to live independent lives and become more involved in their local community.
Description of the Role:
Building Futures is an educational programme which operates 4 year groups to develop their independence. Both Building Futures Years A and B groups are keen to recruit an enthusiastic volunteer to work with our young people in a variety of beautiful locations with groups of no more than 3 people, under the direction of the group leader.
No specific gardening or groundwork skills are required but will be a prevalent part of sessions; we just ask for a desire to work outdoors in the fresh air and to support our young people to engage in sessions, help them to work as part of a team and use tools safely.
• Flexible availability to support at the following: 10am – 4pm on Tuesdays (Year A), Wednesday’s (Year B) or Thursday’s (Year A).
• halow supports vulnerable young adults for which we ask candidates to be aged 16+.
• Flexible commitment- You can help once a week, once a month or three times a year.
• Any person recruited to volunteer by halow must have an enhanced DBS check. The cost of this is paid for by halow.
Covid Safe working
Our volunteering opportunities are in a covid safe environment and we ask that all applicants are willing to take PCR tests weekly which will be provided by halow project.
How to apply
To become part of the team please click on the Fill in an Application button.
To make a difference
The halow project is a growing community-based charity, situated in Guildford, Surrey. We support young people, aged 16+, with a learning disability on their journey into adult life.
The young people we work with want the opportunity to:
- Build relationships
- Become part of the community
- Find meaningful employment
- Have a home of their own
We believe that the young people we support have the right to be part of and respected in their communities and are entitled to a life they choose in ways which best suit them. halow is committed to developing creative opportunities and removing social barriers.