Parenting Group Support Volunteer - posted 09.05.2019
The purpose of this volunteer role is to support Surrey Positive Parenting Service practitioners to deliver parent support groups at venues across Surrey, for parents and carers with a child who has been diagnosed or who are awaiting a diagnosis in ADHD.
Key activities include:
To work with service users in a group basis, using a variety of methods, to help them understand what it is like to be a child with ADHD, improve family relationships and to improve parental resilience.
- To support the preparation of group refreshments.
- To contribute to/participate in group discussions and activities.
· Honesty and reliability.
· An interest or experience of knowing how a child with ADHD feels.
· Attendance and support of an eight week parenting group on a weekly basis – minimum commitment 6 months.
· Commitment to Barnardo's Basis and Values.
· Commitment to Barnard's Equality and Diversity Policy.
Minimum age for volunteers is 25.
Travel expenses within a 5 mile distance of the volunteering location.
The team is based in the Barnardo's South East Regional office but runs groups across Surrey at different times of the day and evenings.
If you are interested in this role please fill in the Application form and we will be in contact shortly.
Barnardo's vision is that the lives of all children and young people should be free from poverty, abuse and discrimination.