Office Support Volunteer, Guildford
Role: Office Support Volunteers
Location: Cycling UK national office, Guildford
Time commitment: flexible, but a minimum of half a day a week would be preferred
Cycling UK, the UK’s largest cycling charity, inspires and helps people to cycle and keep cycling. We urgently require an enthusiastic volunteer to support our events and projects such as the Big Bike Revival, Challenge Rides, Women's Festival of Cycling and Bike Week. The volunteer will support the administration and coordination of the projects in a busy, vibrant office environment.
- dealing with applications
- event organisation
- making and receiving phone calls
- data entry and database management
- website updates
- general office administration
We’re looking for someone who is conscientious and organised and with good communication skills and a keen eye for detail. An interest in cycling or the benefits of cycling would be an advantage. Further skills useful for the role are:
- The ability to use basic computer packages (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to create and manage databases
- Ability to work in a small team
- Flexible approach to work duties
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Positive attitude
- Ability to use Drupal/Wordpress CMS would be an advantage
You will have the satisfaction of sharing your knowledge and skills to get more people on bikes. This is also a great opportunity to gain work experience, develop existing skills or learn new skills while increasing your knowledge of cycling.
As a Cycling UK volunteer you will receive full induction to the organisation and the role, and ongoing staff support.
If you want to find out more, please complete the application form.