As a trustee joining Family Voice Surrey at this exciting time you will help move the organisation onto the next stage in its development as it becomes a CIO, and make a difference to families across Surrey. Trustees do this by:
- ensuring Family Voice Surrey complies with its governing documents, charity law and other legislation
- ensuring Family Voice Surrey is financially stable and uses its resources for its charitable purpose
- actively contributing to the Board, giving firm strategic direction to the organisation
- acting as an ambassador for the organisation
Trustees are expected to attend regular meetings of the Board and also to get involved in other ways such as supporting fundraising, developing strategy or working with staff and volunteers on projects related to the trustee’s specialism.
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with specialised knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Education, health and social care services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- HR, training and development
- Marketing, business development and/or fundraising
Applications from parent carers or family members of children or young people with special educational needs or disabilities will be particularly welcome.