A Volunteer Event Steward is part of a team who are responsible for ensuring larger events at ZERO (our building in the Centre of Guildford) run smoothly.
The responsibilities of the Volunteer Event Steward team may include:
- Setting up ZERO for an event.
- Directing guests around the building.
- Providing information to guests.
- Serving refreshments.
- Clearing down ZERO after an event. Events Stewards will work with the on-duty Venue Custodian to help ensure the smooth running of ZERO.
What this role offers:
- An opportunity to be part of a team making an exciting new community project happen.
- The chance to build contacts and friendships with like minded people in the Guildford environmental community.
- A reference from one of the Trustees of ZERO Carbon Guildford for your future development.
Desirable skills, experience and qualities (Ideally, the candidate will possess at least some of the following skills, experience and qualities):
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Friendly attitude when dealing with others
- Willingness to be a proactive part of a team
- Desire to be part of the ZERO team
- Interest in environmental, climate and ecological matters.
Hours: Ad-hoc, depending on availability and ZERO event programme
Location: ZERO - Guildford town centre
Expenses: Reasonable travel expenses via public transport
Date posted 9/9/21
Zero Carbon Guildford is a charity set up to enable local community action to tackle the climate and ecological crisis and associated social issues.
Zero Carbon Guildford operates a Community Hub, in the centre of Guildford, to enable the community to come together to tackle these issues.
The Hub includes a zero-waste shop, café, climate cinema and meeting/exhibition space and showcases ways local people can make changes to help Guildford's journey towards a zero carbon future.