Volunteer Receptionist/Administrator- Woking
To enable those with learning disabilities to develop their potential and enjoy socially inclusive fulfilled lives
LinkAble has a reception area which needs staffing Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. We are looking for voluntary receptionists to undertake the following activities:
- To welcome visitors and service users to LinkAble
- To refer any visitors to the appropriate member of staff.
- Inform staff member that a visitor is waiting.
- Answering the telephone and transferring calls where necessary
- To take written details of visitor if a member of staff is unavailable, and pass on enquiry where appropriate.
- Ensure that the visitor can acquire any leaflets/information they need easily.
- To provide administrative support, on occasion.
Good communication and customer service skills are essential to fulfil this role. And:
- A good telephone manner
- Having the ability to respond appropriately to different situations is required.
- Computer skills/experience is necessary as much of the administrative work is computer based. Computer literate including Microsoft Office packages and Outlook.
- The ability to work comfortably in a team or alone.
- Previous experience of dealing with the public is desirable but not essential
You should be reliable, with an organised and flexible approach and happy to work as a team or alone. You should be confident and approachable and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. You must be happy to work within LinkAble policies and procedures, and empathise with the aims of the organisation. As a representative of LinkAble the image you present is important so you must be polite and friendly to the public.
A minimum of regular half-day slot on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday; either 9.30am-1pm OR 1pm-5pm.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed on production of valid receipts for bus/train. Petrol will be covered at a rate of 45p per mile.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click on the Sign Up button.