RSPCA Volunteer Drivers
Hants & Surrey Border Branch Registered charity no. 201291
RSPCA Volunteer Drivers
Volunteer Drivers are needed to help our staff with some routine journeys when we need to collect or deliver various items or an animal. In the main journeys will be local within our Branch area, but occasionally some trips may be further afield.
We are looking for volunteers who enjoy dealing with people (and optionally small animals); are able to be as flexible as possible about availability as it could be any day of the week and any time of day that help is needed, sometimes at short notice.
Of course we appreciate anyone supporting us in this role isn’t always going to be available when needed and that isn’t a problem. If you’re able to supply a schedule of general availability that would be helpful, but not a requirement.
The types of jobs we need drivers to undertake for us are:
- Delivering pet food locally or to an Animal Centre
- Collecting donations from members of the public or one of our vets and delivering to our storage facility, cattery, or one of our shops
- Delivering a cat trap to a member of the public or other location
- Run errands for our shops including collecting and delivering goods between shops
- Collecting/returning a cat from/to the cattery for a routine vet appointment*
- Collecting/returning an animal from a boarding establishment for a routine vet appointment
- Delivering a small pet to Millbrook Animal Centre for sign over
- Delivering/collecting a small pet to another Branch
* This role is shared with Cat Carriers (covered separately).
If anyone is not comfortable to handle any type of animal transport, then please indicate that when applying. If you are prepared to transport animals, (mainly cats, very occasionally rabbits, guinea pigs or dogs), you must be confident in handling them If, for example, you are only confident to handle cats, then again, you can indicate that as a prerequisite.
You will need to have your own reliable transport for which we will cover mileage @ 45p per mile (plus any other expenses). As you will be using your vehicle on charity business there will be some paperwork associated with this. The same applies if you are willing to handle animals.
You must be happy to cover an area of our Branch that suits you, but in general you must be willing to travel a reasonable distance when undertaking this voluntary work and you could be travelling to a location outside our branch area eg Millbrook at Chobham or a boarding establishment south of Guildford.
Our branch area includes the towns of Hook, Hartley Wintney, Yateley/Eversley, Sandhurst, Camberley, Frimley/Frimley Green, Farnborough, Fleet, Ash/Ash Vale, Aldershot, Farnham, Odiham. Ideally you will live in one of these locations and be willing to travel reasonable distances in order to fulfil a particular job.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in learning more or applying for this position, in the first instance click on the 'application' button & complete the online form.