Treasurer for SDAC Ltd
We are seeking a voluntary Treasurer to provide financial management of the charity.
As Treasurer, you would have a watchdog role over all aspects of finances, working closely with other members of the Management Committee to safeguard the charities financial affairs and ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
In summary, you will be responsible for general financial oversight; payment of debtors; maintenance of all SDAC Ltd bank accounts; funding and fundraising; financial planning and budgeting in conjunction with the Chair; reporting to and advising the Management Committee; banking and book-keeping and control of fixed assets and stock.
It is expected that you would provide financial reports and attend quarterly trustee meetings and annual AGM. Working from home you will be reimbursed for travel expenses and any training deemed necessary for the position of Treasurer.
If you do have experience and knowledge working in or with community and voluntary organisations; have sufficient time (between 5 and 10 hours a week); financial management experience; exemplary professional integrity and an understanding of legal duties, then please do apply.
Surrey Drug & Alcohol Care is a registered charity which has been set up as a result of a need in the county of Surrey for a confidential Freephone help line for substance misusers and those with mild to moderate mental health problems, their families, friends and colleagues, aiming to make a difference to their lives. Trained volunteers respond to the distress caused by substance misuse or mental health on a high quality help line that is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, emphasising empowerment and self-help.
- To provide information about county and countrywide resources and support to persons and organisations helping people experiencing the effects of substance misuse.
- To promote mental health well being county-wide.
- To promote, liaise and exchange information with relevant agencies both within the Surrey area and outside.
- To raise public awareness of the continuing impact of substance misuse.
- To advance the education of the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol amongst those young students in full time education in Surrey and professional groups.
- Website: www.sdac-helpline.co.uk
- Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/610138639182651/