Learning Volunteer(Corporate) at Brooklands Museum-posted 09.01.2020
Brooklands Museum’s mission is ‘to preserve and interpret the heritage of Brooklands, to use that heritage to inspire and educate and to provide a world-class visitor attraction accessible to all.’ The birthplace of British motor sport and aviation, and home of Concorde, Brooklands comprises an unparalleled collection of Vickers and Hawker aircraft, and Brooklands racing cars and motorcycles all displayed in and around the historic buildings on the site where many were originally built or maintained. Brooklands is unique and opens every day with the support of an award-winning team of volunteers.
- Welcome corporate groups on to site
- Interpret the site and history to groups through guided tours adapting to different age groups and learning styles
- Ambassador for the museum and its history and for the Learning Team
- Maintain a good working relationship with staff and other volunteers
- Comply with the museum H&S policy and always operate with a regard to good environmental practices
- Willingness to learn about Brooklands Museum and to deliver tours as per training provided
- Desire to share your enthusiasm for Brooklands with visitors
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills, adaptability and good timekeeping
- Stamina to deliver activities for the required amount of time
- Good customer care skills – always courteous and helpful
- Experience of working with people of different ages and abilities
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Induction, training and support
- Opportunity to develop new skills and meet new people
- The knowledge that you are making a significant difference to Brooklands Museum
- Free entrance to the Museum with accompanying guests
- 20% discount in the Museum Shop and Sunbeam Cafe
Volunteer Hours: between 9.30am to 2.30 pm but this may vary depending on day bookings
This position is of a voluntary nature and your availability for undertaking the role will be agreed in advance with your supervisor. Ideally you should be able to commit to an ongoing weekly/monthly agreement.
All these arrangements are binding in honour only and not intended
to be legally binding.
Please click on the Sign Up button to apply or to receive further details.