Volunteers for delivering Community Meals needed urgently
We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers that can spare a couple of hours a week or every two weeks to transport and deliver meals to residents in the Godalming area.
Volunteers can either be put on a list for ad-hoc work, help out temporarily or on a rota to work as little as one hour every three weeks.
The Community Meals Service supports residents that are unable to prepare or cook for themselves.
Volunteers are an important part of our service to deliver the meals: for our clients who depend on this service, a quick chat and a warm hello can make all the difference. They are so grateful for the service and this social contact is really important to them.
Its great fun meeting our clients: We are really proud of our new service and would love you to join our friendly team.
- Volunteers pick up hot and cold food transportation boxes from the Council Offices in central Godalming, arriving at 11.30 am. They are normally back by 1pm.
- Volunteer drivers must use their own vehicle and have a valid driving licence, MOT certificate (if required) and insurance.
- Volunteers need to be able to lift and carry the food boxes and climb stairs if necessary.
- All our volunteers will receive an enhanced Disclosure and Barring System (DBS) check.
- We pay our volunteers 45p per mile to travel from the Council offices, to people's homes and back again.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account