We are a small, friendly charity looking after the historical Puttenham Barn. Guests enjoy a back to basics stay with the support of trained wardens, and benefit from our work to conserve and make the Barn environmentally sustainable. https://www.puttenhambarn.uk/
Would you like to be part of our volunteer team that supports the working of the Puttenham Barn website? We are keen to build a stronger online presence and need someone specifically to:
- Maintain a website for Puttenham Barn to attract new and repeating visitors, as a shop window that allows them to book.
- Review the status of the website regularly.
- Keep the web interface to the external booking system fully functional.
- Maintain a visually attractive website with uniform styles over all the pages.
- Regularly check and update the external page links.
- Make and keep the implementation and coding as simple as possible - but no simpler.
- Plan and implement a scheme for a responsive website, for display on different size screens.
- Keep backups on a second storage set of all the source pages and scripts.
- Look to the future and help guide the organising committee on updates and new approaches for internet use.
- Be prepared for doing technical work that will take only a few minutes each week, coupled with very occasional bursts of more intense effort to fix problems.
Our website is our shop window for possible visitors looking for somewhere to stay, and you would be the person who would design, maintain and enhance it. It is a highly responsible role, as the future of our wonderful barn depends on you suggesting to people that what we offer is what they have been looking for.
The task is an interesting mix of graphics skills, good use of language, and just a little bit of basic web technology. You need good attention to detail, but also a good imagination and a can-do attitude with a willingness to learn.
The role would be mainly working from home, initially 1 or 2 hours a week but on average a few hours a month whenever time permits. Very flexible hours.
Puttenham Barn is run by a small environmental charity called Project Oasis North Downs (POND).
Its mission is to provide simple inexpensive overnight accommodation in a 250 year old barn, in an environmentally responsible way.
It is aimed at walkers, cyclists & people enjoying the surrounding beautiful countryside.
The Barn has many environmental features including solar panels (on its bike shed!), rainwater harvesting & local varieties of apple trees in the garden.
We aim to open at weekends, during school holidays and on as many other nights as we can between Easter & October.