Fundraising Trustee - Posted 2/9/21
About being a Trustee
You will be working with an energetic, passionate and creative team of trustees. SDAC provides a vital 24 hour freephone, confidential helpline and a telephone counselling service to residents of Surrey who are worried about their own or a loved one’s drug or alcohol use. The Helpline also supports people who are concerned about their mental wellbeing.
The main responsibilities of the Trustee are:
· Actively advise on all aspects of fundraising.
· Ensure the charity is run in accordance with the governing document, charity law, company law and that the decisions of the Board and any other appropriate legislation or regulations are upheld.
· To supportively work in partnership with contractors, trustees and volunteers to achieve the aims of the charity.
· Attend monthly internal meetings.
Personal Qualities we are looking for:
· A passion for helping to relieve sickness caused by substance misuse and those struggling with mental health.
· Strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities.
· Exemplary professional integrity.
· Sound independent judgement and creativity.
· Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively and objectively.
· Strong networking capabilities that can be utilised for the benefit of the charity.
· Ability to commit time to conduct the role well, with flexibility around daytime and evening engagements.
· Experience of of charity fundraising.
· Successful track record of achievement through their career.
Your Knowledge and Skills:
· Fundraising skills.
· Time and days flexible
· Monthly Board meetings
· Annual AGM
· Ad-hoc meetings and engagements as required.
· The role is voluntary but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
What difference will you make?
You will work with a diverse and energetic team of trustees, TCS Manager and Helpline Coordinator.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will contribute to a charity that enhances the wellbeing of hundreds of people which in turn improves their family relationships and work life. These changes benefit the community and wider society too. The work would be extremely rewarding and your contribution will hopefully have a lasting legacy.
Part-time hours: 3-5 per week
To find out more, click on the "Fill in an Application" box and I will get back to you.
Surrey Drug & Alcohol Care is a registered charity which has been set up as a result of a need in the county of Surrey for a confidential Freephone help line for substance misusers and those with mild to moderate mental health problems, their families, friends and colleagues, aiming to make a difference to their lives. Trained volunteers respond to the distress caused by substance misuse or mental health on a high quality help line that is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, emphasising empowerment and self-help.
- To provide information about county and countrywide resources and support to persons and organisations helping people experiencing the effects of substance misuse.
- To promote mental health well being county-wide.
- To promote, liaise and exchange information with relevant agencies both within the Surrey area and outside.
- To raise public awareness of the continuing impact of substance misuse.
- To advance the education of the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol amongst those young students in full time education in Surrey and professional groups.
- Website: www.sdac-helpline.co.uk
- Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/610138639182651/