You will help make the most of our public collections during the Great Daffodil Appeal in March and at other times of the year.Whether at shopping centres,supermarkets,on the high st. or at football matches, the public are extremely generous.
As a Collections Host , you will be the main point of contact on the day for our volunteer collectors, providing a friendly welcome and encouraging your team to raise as much as possible.
What we need you to do.
- Confirm your availability when notified of collection dates.
- Liaise with the local fundraising office regarding the collection licence,the rota and delivery of collection stock & materials.
- Coordinate collection day by greeting & briefing collectors ,allocating collection materials & liaising with location managers when required.
- Count & bank the donations.
- Complete the records required for public collections.
What you need to bring to the role.
- Good communication & organisational skills.
- Attention to detail,numeracy & accuracy.
- Basic IT skills are desirable.
What we can offer you.
- The opportunity to play an important role in helping the work of a national charity.
- Toolkits & guidance to help you in your role.
- Regular support & contact from your local team.
- Valuable experience in developing communication & organisation skills.
What we ask of you.
- To follow Marie Curie policies & proceedures.
- To complete documentation relating to the role.
- To provide appropriate driver documentation if you chose to drive whilst volunteering.
If you are interested in this role please click the application tab & complete the short online form.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account