Housekeeping Volunteers, Christopher's, Guildford
Shooting Star Chase is your local children's hospice service looking after families with a child or teenager not expected to live beyond their 19th birthday.
We urgently need housekeeping volunteers on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings to help staff promote and maintain a high standard of cleanliness at Christopher's our hospice just outside Guildford.
The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- to assist with keeping the communal areas of the hospices clean and tidy
- to carry out specific duties, such as cleaning corridors, bathrooms, cloakrooms, dining room, as required, using the Daily Task Sheet as a guide
- to work closely with the care team in maintaining a clean and healthy environment
You will need:
- the ability to work as part of a team (housekeeping is normally done in pairs)
- energy and enthusiasm
- attention to detail
- initiative and common sense
Shifts are for two hours preferably in the morning from 9 to 11. We also require people to fill in on an occasional basis for holiday and sickness cover.
This role is subject to a DBS clearance. An induction and training will be given.
Please click on and complete the online application form if you wish to volunteer or would like further details.