Stores Person Uniformed and None Uniformed Volunteers wanted
The Military Cadet Training Corps based at shawfield school ash vale are looking for uniformed stores person and none Uniformed stores person to join our small volunteer team. This role within MCTC is much needed and as a stores person within the Corps you will be responsible for issuing, organising, repairing and purchasing cadets equipment and stores from uniforms to weapons, working with Instructors, Officers and the Commandant to ensure the safe and smooth running of our parade nights and camps/events.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of an independent youth organisation, A very flourishing organisation making a real difference in helping children reach there full potential. as a stores person you will help to broaden and strengthen MCTC’s impact in the community, providing cadets with safe and serviceable kit so they can train on parade nights, camps and events, you will work with a team of instructors, staff and the commandant to book training areas and support cadets and instructors on weekend and annual camps.
You will be required to attend on a monday parade evening if you are able to between 18:10hrs to 21:00hrs and attend camps either at various weekends and annual camp, to attend parade evenings and camps etc you will have to be vetted and DBS checked by ourselves at our cost, you will be line managed by an officer so you will have someone to speak to for assistance if needed.
you must be able to follow the chain of command and take orders and be respectful of higher ranks.
This post does not require you to be ex forces etc, we will welcome anyone to be a stores person as long as they can commit to us and help us to grow our corps in the community, we would especially like a stores person to be able to use there own common sense and understand that the kit we own has all been purchased by us and that we do not get much money, so it is important we look after our kit and purchase at the best price we can, the main qualities for this post are commitment, good store keeping an ability to be patient, approachable, good safeguarding knowledge and be able to relate to children, if you have good knowledge of store keeping get in touch please.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Instructors, Officers and the Commandant, parents, community members to develop MCTC’s stores, strategy, long term goals and safeguarding cadets.
- Nurturing MCTC’s cadets, and developing them to their best potential.
- Taking inventory and locating free places to store our kit.
- Contributing to MCTC’s social media and online presence in areas relating to stores and uniform.
- Chasing up lost kit and billing parents and staff if needed updating all systems and relative databases including kit lists.
- Being a point of contact for uniform and kit.
- Attending parade evenings, events and camps.
- Helping to recruit staff and new cadets.
the following ranks are available depending on experience:
Company Quarter Master, Colour Sergeant, Seargeant, Potential Sergeant
Civilian stores person and Store Helpers.