Community Point Connector & Volunteer Adviser - TUESDAYS
Purpose of Post: To provide information to the general public about what is happening in their local communities and to help them connect to activities. These activities may include volunteering.
To liaise with any relevant local organisations as appropriate.
To help maintain our volunteering database.
This role will be fully supported by the Volunteer Centre Manager and Community Point Coordinator.
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Interview members of the public either over the telephone or in person to help them to find out information about local services or opportunities provided in their area. This initial interview will include exploring with them what they would like to do, what is manageable for them, identifying activities and helping connect the person to them. Some members of the public will just need simple signposting but others may need appointments made for them or even someone to accompany them on their first outings.
- Research the range of services and activities within an area for customers.
- Update information on activities and services across Guildford and Waverley when necessary.
- Respond to email, telephone and website enquiries.
5. Complete any relevant administrative tasks.
- To complete a risk assessment with a client to pass on to the Community Point Accompanier if the client requires accompaniment to the service or activity on a short term basis.
- To update the referrer (if appropriate) with the outcome of the enquiry.
- Help someone who expresses an interest in volunteering to find a suitable opportunity.
- Use our volunteer database and help organisations who use it with their queries.
- To update volunteering opportunities and organisational details when necessary.
- Respond to email and telephone enquires regarding volunteering.
- To complete administrative tasks associated with the smooth running of the Volunteer Centre. This may include writing letters, distributing promotional materials and inputting data on the database.
- Assist with the promotion of Community Point and volunteering to the community at all times. This may include helping to compose press releases, producing and distributing flyers or leaflets.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all our clients.