Volunteer Co-ordinator with Cherry Trees
We are looking for a volunteer to manage the process for recruiting and inducting new volunteers, making sure we have all the necessary documentation in place and our new volunteers are warmly welcomed and have the ongoing training they need.
- Supporting the Head of Fundraising and Head of House with the recruitment of a range of new volunteers including drivers, event helpers, admin and specialist staff and even mascots, depending on vacancies.
- Ensure recruitment procedures for volunteers are completed from start to finish, ensuring confidentiality and an efficient approach.
- Providing all the necessary information at the start of volunteering (Volunteer Handbook) plus training links.
- Keeping records up to date.
- Co-ordinating our annual review programme.
- Assist with recruiting and organising volunteers for events.
- Help organise the Volunteer's Tea as part of National Volunteers Week each June.
- Keep volunteers informed by contributing to our regular Volunteer e-news.
Flexible working to suit but typically once or twice a week, office based for a morning or afternoon, or working from home.
- Good administrative skills
- Good with Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word etc
- Database use desirable but training given
- Good communication skills
- Plus a friendly, approachable manner
If you would like to apply for this role or like further information please contact us by filling in an Application form.
To be a force for good by transforming lives through exceptional home from home care for children with all disabilities and their families.
Our doors will always be open to families in need throughout the South East, by being a much loved and supported charity.
Our aim at Cherry Trees is to offer the opportunity to children with learning and physical disabilities, most of which are severe, to enhance their quality of life by providing a safe, home-like environment whilst also providing their parents with a meaningful break.