Two Trustees for Eikon -posted 20.02.20
Introduction to The Eikon Charity
Eikon is a leading Surrey based charity that has been working throughout the county for over two decades, providing preventative, early intervention and long-term support to some of the county’s most vulnerable young people and their families. By establishing inspirational relationships between a young person and their adult professional, our vision is to develop happy, thriving and resilient young adults who contribute positively to society.
Board of Trustees
The Eikon Board is responsible for the strategic direction, governance, core policies, fiscal oversight, legal compliance and general performance of the Charity to meet its Charitable Purposes. The Board holds quarterly evening meetings, together with the Chief Executive Officer and other Senior Leadership Team members, as appropriate.
Further to recent Trustee retirement and career transfers, Eikon undertook a Trustee Skills Assessment to determine the additional skills, experience and diversity it needs in order to fulfil its responsibilities. Eikon is therefore seeking 2 Trustees, one with general legal and the other health services background, who need not necessarily live in Surrey, and can bring the following skills and experience to the Board:
Skills and Experience:
- Personal Qualities - Evident and visible passion and commitment to the Charity and its mission to help children, young people and their families, strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities, tact and diplomacy to foster and promote a collaborative team environment and an ability to be a ‘thought leader’ related to ‘bigger picture’ concepts.
- General Experience - Some exposure to and evidence of:
- Acting as a Trustee – Good knowledge of the role of a Trustee / Director and experience working with or as part of a Board of Trustees or Business Board.
- Strategy - Exposure to and/or involvement in the development and implementation of strategies (business, commercial and/or charity).
- Charity Governance - Exposure to and involvement with charity and/or business governance processes and procedures.
- External Representation - Demonstrable ability in representing a charity or voluntary organisation and engaging with external stakeholders, and/or building external relationships in a business environment.
- Financial - Awareness of business, commercial and/or charity management accounts and reports.
- Safeguarding - Exposure to and/or awareness of the importance of safeguarding for young people and for employees/volunteers who work with young people.
What happens next?
- Please apply by filling in the Application form and then we will be touch.
- An offer will be subject to an approved Enhanced DBS and Barring Disclosure.
The Eikon Charity supports vulnerable young people in Surrey who have disadvantaged backgrounds and at-risk of crisis. Eikon introduces preventative approaches to ensure issues do not escalate and become life-changing challenges. Many of the young people Eikon work with are on the verge of: homelessness; exclusion from school; committing crimes; getting involved in drug and alcohol abuse; self harming; or suffering from mental health issues or family crisis. Eikon work in Secondary schools, Youth Centres and conduct Mobile Outreach programmes to target hard-to-reach young people.
Eikon aims to create happy, thriving and resilient young people who contribute positively to society.