RSPCA Charity Shop Volunteers - Local areas
Hants & Surrey Border Branch
Registered charity no. 201291
RSPCA Charity Shop Volunteers - Farnham, Ash Vale and Farnborough
As one of our charity Shop Assistants you will work in a friendly and busy environment where you should be willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in! It requires a certain amount of bending and lifting and being on your feet as part of the tasks of working in the staff sorting area and out on the shop floor. We want you to enjoy yourself and find the role interesting and fun. One of the great things about working in a charity shop is you never know what you’re going to get donated next! We hope you will want to join our team.
Duties you should be willing to perform are:-
1. Sort incoming donated goods for sale / storage / recycling / disposal.
2. Tag and price goods for sale, following the pricing guidelines and in accordance with your Manager’s supervision.
3. Serve customers at the till or assist customers generally.
4. Help to keep the shop tidy, clean and running smoothly.
Shift times for volunteers are 9.30am to 1pm or 1pm to 4.30pm, any day Monday to Saturday.
Induction and full training in the role including health & safety is provided by a Manager before you start.
NB. If there are any aspects of the role outline that you do not feel comfortable to handle, please discuss this with your Manager.
As a volunteer working in one of our charity shops you will be expected to:-
1. Work under the supervision and direction of the Manager at all times and be willing to follow instructions and requests given by the Manager.
2. Adhere to the policies relating to health and safety, the general operation of the shop and codes of conduct as detailed in the "Volunteer Code of Conduct" agreement.
Whilst the role is voluntary, this Branch is willing to reimburse out of pocket expenses including, car parking expenses, bus or train fares, mileage allowance (conditions apply). Details supplied on joining or enquiry.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in learning more or applying for a position in one of our shops, please click on & complete the online application form & we will be in touch .
You will then need to complete a paper application form and attend a short interview with a Manager.