Youth Volunteer - Guildford
What will I be doing?
- Providing fun and engaging activities whilst ensuring the safeguarding of children and young people in our care
- Supporting the disabled children and young people attending our schemes – this may include emotional wellbeing or physical support, as well as some aspects of personal care
- Being part of a dynamic and supportive team collaborating together
- Setting up, helping with running and tidying up activities and the scheme
- Supporting the children and young people with accessing and participating in the activities
- Ensuring high levels of health and safety are adhered to at all times
- But most importantly, having fun with the children and young people!
What skills will I develop for my CV?
- LISTENING – You’ll learn to listen to our children and young people as they lead you in play
- TEAM WORK – You’ll learn how to work as part of a team to provide the best service possible
- CREATIVITY – You’ll be able to use your creative skills to develop a range of activities
- PROBLEM SOLVING – You’ll learn what to do if things don’t go as planned and how to stay positive
- SAFE GUARDING – You’ll learn the steps we take in order to provide a safe and inclusive service
What skills do I need?
- Be WELCOMING, caring, and have lots of energy!
- Be MOTIVATED and willing to learn new skills in order to support children and young people
- Be READY to complete the required online training and attend a face-to-face safeguarding session before starting on scheme
- Be ORGANISED when responding to communication, be reliable, punctual, flexible, and prompt
- Be COMMITTED because it’s important that our volunteers commit their time on a regular basis to ensure it’s beneficial to the children and young people attending our services and the teams running them. We therefore ask for a minimum commitment of: 1 or 2 Saturdays per month for a reasonable period of 3-6 months, or 3 days per week if volunteering during holidays only
What else do I need to know?
- You’ll need to complete our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and provide details of TWO REFEREES, who can provide a REFERENCE for you
- You’ll need to attend a RECRUITMENT EVENING. We tend to run these fortnightly out of our Guildford and Farnham sites, if we have a lot of applicants in a particular area, we’ll organise extra ones! These consist of a short chat, a written task and a play task – just so we can get a feel of what you’ll be like on scheme! If you’re 16 or over, you’ll also have to complete a DBS APPLICATION.
We are pleased you are interested in joining us! If you hit APPLY we will contact you soon and provide details of our process and how to apply :-) We really hope you do!!