Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock Community Committee
Are you passionate about working to end childhood cancer? Join our Cops for Cancer Community Committee in planning, organizing and participating in community fundraising events supporting the Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock.
Funds raised by Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock go to support pediatric cancer research and Camp Goodtimes, a camp for children who have experience cancer and their families.
Positions on the committee can include helping coordinate and chair committee meetings and liaise between volunteers and staff; helping coordinate event logistics and support those organizing independent fundraising events; supporting the Tour de Rock Riders with their fundraising activities; and liaising with local high schools to support them in their fundraising activities.
- Great opportunity to build your event-planning and community networking skills while supporting a very well-known and respected campaign
- Opportunity to work towards preventing childhood cancer and providing recreational opportunities for children with cancer
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Role-specific training
- Workforce Leadership Program (Leadership Training, Optional)
- Support from Leadership Volunteer colleagues and Regional Staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with event planning is a benefit, although not required
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required
Varies, depending on the role on the committee. 4 – 8 hrs/wk on average.
Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock Community Committee – Cops for Cancer – Campbell River