Vancouver Island Lodge Reception Volunteer
Reception Volunteer – Vancouver Island Lodge
Assist and support lodge residents, guests and staff through a variety of activities involving reception, tours, craft sales, nearby services such as shopping, bus routes, etc.
The Lodge Volunteer is a generalist trained to assist in all facets of lodge operations.
- Promotes a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge, focusing attention and time on lodge residents
- Greets & provides tours for lodge residents, guests and visitors.
- Answers lodge phone, transfers calls, takes & relays messages
- Assists residents & guests with using the lodge shuttle
- Greets and assists volunteer drivers with finding their passengers
- Provides directions to treatment centres, public transportation, shopping etc.
- Sets up and clears tea/coffee service, assisting residents as required
- Assists residents and visitors with selecting wigs and with tidying wig room
- Assists with meal ticket sales by collecting and recording sales
- Assists with craft sales, including displaying crafts and recording sales
- Does general tidying of common areas, including lounges and cafeteria
- Assists with general office duties as requested
- Promotes lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services
- Other duties as assigned and under the direction of the lodge staff
Link to Mission:
- Provides support to people during their cancer journey & to lodge staff
- Raises awareness & profile of Canadian Cancer Society
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for eradicating cancer and supporting people effected by cancer
- Working for a respected organization
- Courtesy parking and meals
- Increase knowledge of: Canadian Cancer Society; BC Cancer Agency and community hospitals & clinics
- Increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services
- Opportunity to further develop communication & organizational skills
TRAINING & SUPPORT
Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer and Lodge Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Workforce Leadership Program (Leadership Training, Optional)
- Lodge staff support on every shift
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Patient and outgoing personality
- Experience working with others
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
4 hours/week (ideally once per week) Term: 1 year (negotiable)
- Responsible for notifying volunteer coordinator or lodge nurse of any time off required including vacation and sick time with reasonable notice so that a replacement can be found
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account