Event Day Volunteer
Join us as an Event Day volunteer to help make our various signature events a success!
Event day volunteers help create a fun and community focused atmosphere while making sure the race and festivities run smoothly.
Some of the event day tasks include:
- Set-up and take down
- Route traffic/marshaling
- Activities and entertainment
- Food and beverage
- Wherever help is needed the most!
- Enjoy the event free while interacting with the public.
- Flexible schedule: you sign up for events that fit your schedule.
- Being part of successful campaigns.
- Contributing to fundraising that supports the fight against all cancers.
- Gain new skills and meet new people.
- Have fun!
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation (optional) and Volunteer Handbook
- Workforce Leadership Program (Leadership Training, Optional)
- Support from Leadership Volunteer colleagues and Regional Staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Friendly and personable
- Some roles may have physical requirements such as standing for periods of time, access to transportation, or lifting items.
Be reliable and punctual on the day of the event.