Event Planning Lead
Event Planning Lead- Annual Giving Campaign
Are you a leader and team player? Do you love to plan the party?
We are looking for energetic, organized volunteers to join our team and take the lead in organizing community events. As the a lead in the planning you will help keep others on track in making events successful. In some cases you will take a brand new idea and bring it into fruition.
If you have an idea for a great fundraising event or would like to take a lead on the development of an existing event, this is the position for you.
Weather big or small each event provides an opportunity for fundraising and raising awareness, and is an integral part of the success the Canadian Cancer Society achieves in our mission to end all cancers.
Responsibilities of event leads are to work with others on a planning committee in ensuring all the pieces are in place for a successful event.
- Develop or enhance key leadership skills
- Develop event planning skills and experience
- Work with great people
- Build your resume
- Make a meaningful difference in the lives of people who have been impacted by cancer.
- Meet new people and have fun!
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Role-specific training
- Workforce Leadership Program (Leadership Training, Optional)
- Support from a Staff Partner who will provide advice, resources, support and information as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Delegating, interpersonal, organizing, planning/logistics, networking/sales and fundraising skills
For the duration of the planning, execution and wrap-up of the event. Can be weeks or months depending on the event nature.
Event Lead, Annual Giving, East Kootenay, Cranbrook, Kimberley, Sparwood, Fernie, Elkford