Event Volunteers are an extremely important part of the Canadian cancer Society team. After a planning committee develops an event, it needs to be appropriately staffed with volunteers to help out with the many pieces of the event for the duration.
Even volunteers are added to a list and are notified when events are happening in their community. The volunteer can then choose weather they want to participate in helping out at the event. Roles vary depending on the event, as does timing. Without event volunteer no event would be a success in fundraising for the organization.
- Enjoy the event free while interacting with the public.
- Flexible schedule: you sign up for events that fit your schedule.
- Being part of successful campaigns.
- Contributing to fundraising that supports the fight against all cancers.
- Gain new skills and meet new people.
- Have fun!
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation (optional) and Volunteer Handbook
- Workforce Leadership Program (Leadership Training, Optional)
- Support from Leadership Volunteer colleagues and Regional Staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Friendly and personable
- Some roles may have physical requirements such as standing for periods of time, access to transportation, or lifting items.
Be reliable and punctual on the day of the event.
Event Volunteer, Annual Giving, East Kootenay, Cranbrook, Kimberley, Sparwood, Fernie, elkford, Elk Valley, Fort Steele
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account